I can’t get Trinity Wallet to connect to my Ledger Nano. What can I do?
With different operating systems and different configurations, it may well come to malfunctions. Don’t worry: Your tokens are safe.
Please try this first:
- Ledger Live should not run in the background. Please close it.
- Connect Ledger Nano (original USB cable)
- Log in to the Ledger Nano
- Launch IOTA app in Ledger Nano
- Start Trinity (very important, this step should not happen before)
- Log in to Trinity account
If afterwards a restart or a node change etc. did not bring success, please follow these steps:
- Ledger Live should not run, so please exit and then restart Trinity. If this also does not bring the desired success, please go to the next step.
- A clean reinstallation is necessary, therefore uninstall Trinity.
- Delete C:\Users\xxxxAppData\Roaming\Trinity. (xxxx the user)
- Delete C:\Users\xxxxAppData\Local\Programs\trinity-desktop. (xxxx is the user)
- Reinstall Trinity. Latest version: https://trinity.iota.org/
- Launch Ledger IOTA App.
Reboot without Ledger Live, create account (Ledger) with existing seed (write down index), done.
Last Updated on 16. February 2021